PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Research - Sociological Survey

dilomo
April 21st, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hello all,

As I have mentioned previously I will ask more questions. I decided to organize them in a survey and with the help of Gnome Usability Team a group of questions was created. More information on the survey's page here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=cFE1dHJkUkhFakVndEVOVUFvVkl6RHc6MA..

P.S. We need as much people filling as possible so if you want Gnome 3.0 to be better I encourage you to take action now!

FraggedLocust
April 21st, 2009, 06:49 PM
I don't use pure GNOME, but the Ubuntu version. Doesn't the look change with what the distrobution wants as stock? A few of your questions seem to target pure GNOME users.

dilomo
April 21st, 2009, 07:36 PM
I don't use pure GNOME, but the Ubuntu version. Doesn't the look change with what the distrobution wants as stock? A few of your questions seem to target pure GNOME users.

Well not so much and the questions we ask are not so pure Gnome but they are not Ubuntu Gnome either.

Joeb454
April 21st, 2009, 07:38 PM
I've done my part :)

Will there be any more?

dilomo
April 21st, 2009, 07:43 PM
I've done my part :)

Will there be any more?

Well, that depends on the results. If there is need for more research there would be more but let's make things one by one and wait until this survey is complete enough.

FuturePilot
April 21st, 2009, 07:43 PM
Done. :)

cariboo
April 21st, 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure if these surveys really do any good. I used to work in market research many years ago, and the client always got the results they were looking for.

Jim

dilomo
April 21st, 2009, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure if these surveys really do any good. I used to work in market research many years ago, and the client always got the results they were looking for.

Jim

I've been following the stats so far and I can tell you the results are not so expected in some areas of the survey. More to see when we analyze the data :)

dilomo
April 21st, 2009, 09:04 PM
I allowed for no other Desktop environment to be chosen in the survey by not making the question obligatory. This is only valid if you use only Gnome.

wipeout140
April 21st, 2009, 10:18 PM
Done my small part. It will be interesting to see the final results

dilomo
April 22nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
Done my small part. It will be interesting to see the final results

Thank you! The results will be interesting indeed.

argie
April 22nd, 2009, 07:47 AM
What is the native language in your country?
I didn't know how to answer this, each state in India usually has a population that speaks a different mother tongue. I answered Tamil, because that's the mother tongue of people of my state. Hope that's okay.

dilomo
April 22nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
I didn't know how to answer this, each state in India usually has a population that speaks a different mother tongue. I answered Tamil, because that's the mother tongue of people of my state. Hope that's okay.

Of course it is ok. Don't worry about that because this is the language you speak so it' a valid option.

frup
April 22nd, 2009, 08:35 AM
Done,

Could have been a bit longer and more in depth really.folders

dilomo
April 22nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
Done,

Could have been a bit longer and more in depth really.folders

Yes some more in depth questions were needed but unfortunately we could not think of them :) We had to deliver the survey so that it gets general information and if required more surveys will follow.

chriskin
April 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
i've taken the survey, hope there are more to come :) :P:P

dilomo
April 24th, 2009, 09:27 PM
The survey will close at Sunday so don't wonder if the link provided in the beginning is not working anymore. Anyone that want's to fill it has to better do it in the 2 remaining days.

Thanks all for the efforts of filling this survey and be patient till we analyze the results.

mc4100
April 24th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Anyone that want's to fill it has to better do it in the 2 remaining days.

Thanks all for the efforts of filling this survey and be patient till we analyze the results.
Done. Tried to keep it succinct, but I feel like a wrote a small essay. I can't wait to see the results!

dilomo
May 22nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
Here are the results for those that might be interested:

http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/UsabilityTests/GnomeGeneralResearch