PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] i can't find my toolbar panel!

xandao72
April 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
my toolbar panel is not in my desktop anymore! after remove and adding the abiword again and updating my system i restart, when it came back the toolbar was gone! now all i have in my desktop is the ubuntu forum! PLEASE HELP ME!

smith3
April 21st, 2009, 06:42 PM
if it is "normal" gnome-panel you have lost u can right click on existing panel and click new panel

then right click that panel and click add to panel , it will display a list of items u can add to panel

xandao72
April 21st, 2009, 07:02 PM
thank you for reply smith3 but my problem is that there is no panel! no menubar! all i have is the desktop picture and ubuntu forum icone! there is nothing else to click accept the desktop!

smith3
April 21st, 2009, 07:27 PM
hit alt f2

run gnome-panel

see if that works if not

run
gconf-editor

look that up on Google and u can set up panels in there

Let me know how it goes

xandao72
April 21st, 2009, 08:36 PM
hey smith3, thank you very much for the help! I solved the problem, but alt+f2 doesn't work for me! nothing came on, so i try ctrl+alt+f1 i don't know if is the same! but from there i'd managed to fix it with (sudo apt-get install gnome-panel) thanks, Alex.

motley1994
April 21st, 2009, 08:43 PM
i have the same prob and idk wat to do and alt+f2 isnt working

smith3
April 21st, 2009, 10:34 PM
alt f2 cant work if panels are not running , as it is part of the gnome-panel, i did not think of that.

xandao72
April 22nd, 2009, 12:02 AM
i have the same prob and idk wat to do and alt+f2 isnt working

try (ctrl+alt+F1) then (sudo apt-get install gnome-panel) it worked for me! good luck!

xandao72
April 22nd, 2009, 12:22 AM
alt f2 cant work if panels are not running , as it is part of the gnome-panel, i did not think of that.

in ABI WORD do you know how can i make the letters appear? I'm tiping but nothing comes! it's like the letters are invisible! what gives?