PDA

View Full Version : Cyberspies hack into U.S. fighter project

Sporkman
April 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
Cyberspies hack into U.S. fighter project: report

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

Computer spies have repeatedly breached the Pentagon's costliest weapons program, the $300 billion Joint Strike Fighter project, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.

The newspaper quoted current and former government officials familiar with the matter as saying the intruders were able to copy and siphon data related to design and electronics systems, making it potentially easier to defend against the plane...

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/nm/20090421/tc_nm/us_pentagon_cyberspying_1

Kareeser
April 21st, 2009, 03:51 PM
$10 one of the boneheads at the White House had an ssh login with the password "password".

Penguin Guy
April 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM
$10 one of the boneheads at the White House had an ssh login with the password "password".
:lolflag:

Mr. Picklesworth
April 21st, 2009, 04:21 PM
10 dollars says this "Communist hacker attack" news recently is all an evil propaganda campaign to incite FUD. I'm not normally the conspiracy theory type, but the amount of reportage on this topic is ridiculous. The worst part is how all these media outlets paint it as if the country is moments from declaring war. It's probably just some geek in his basement, if anything.

The article is very vague, by the way. What do they mean that "Computer spies have repeatedly breached..."? Does that mean it's been done numerous times in the past and they just happen to be releasing the news now (while another similar report is still at mind), or that the attack took numerous attempts, or that they logged in a few different times within the same attack?

Next step: Powers that be apply to the Internet what they applied to airport security.

Further, call me crazy but I get the feeling the less bad will the US creates about China the better. I like their food.

Sporkman
April 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM
Next step: Powers that be apply to the Internet what they applied to airport security.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu%3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&hs=Vwc&q=investigators+breached+airport+security

Swagman
April 21st, 2009, 06:08 PM
10 dollars says this "Communist hacker attack" news recently is all an evil propaganda campaign to incite FUD. I'm not normally the conspiracy theory type, but the amount of reportage on this topic is ridiculous. The worst part is how all these media outlets paint it as if the country is moments from declaring war. It's probably just some geek in his basement, if anything.

The article is very vague, by the way. What do they mean that "Computer spies have repeatedly breached..."? Does that mean it's been done numerous times in the past and they just happen to be releasing the news now (while another similar report is still at mind), or that the attack took numerous attempts, or that they logged in a few different times within the same attack?

Further, call me crazy but I get the feeling the less bad will the US creates about China the better. I like their food.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

QFT

Scare tactics to make us give up more freedoms.

red_Marvin
April 21st, 2009, 11:02 PM
The way I see it, of course spies try to get at their secret projects. If not, that would be something to write about. If they actually succeed, somebody isn't doing their job.

WalmartSniperLX
April 21st, 2009, 11:26 PM

+2 lol

samjh
April 22nd, 2009, 12:11 AM
Not surprising. This sort of stuff probably goes on all the time, they're just usually not publicised (ie. leaked).

abn91c
April 22nd, 2009, 12:17 AM

Not really, when I was stationed at Ft Bliss Tx some of the Israel Military Liason officers got kicked out of the country for improper access of classified information on Air Defense Artillery equipment and tactics.

Mohamedzv2
April 22nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
At least it helps other countries. The US has been a super power for so long, despite the arrogance, corruption, and stupid decisions from the government(s). If anything, it's time a more responsible government has the chance to be a superpower

samjh
April 22nd, 2009, 12:37 AM
At least it helps other countries. The US has been a super power for so long, despite the arrogance, corruption, and stupid decisions from the government(s). If anything, it's time a more responsible government has the chance to be a superpower

China? :-k

By the way, political discussion is not allowed on these forums!

Let's steer this thread clear away from political debate, and focus more on the security issue.