PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] emerald themes not loading

bded
April 21st, 2009, 06:16 AM
so i got compiz installed and emerald as well, i even got the "emerald --replace" on the command line in window decoration, and still emerald theme manager doesn't load any of the themes. it just grays out like its gonna load it and a few minutes later stops whatever it was doing and everything looks the same.

intrepid, what did i do wrong ?

overdrank
April 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
so i got compiz installed and emerald as well, i even got the "emerald --replace" on the command line in window decoration, and still emerald theme manager doesn't load any of the themes. it just grays out like its gonna load it and a few minutes later stops whatever it was doing and everything looks the same.

intrepid, what did i do wrong ?

Hi and what is the model of the graphics card?
Is compiz active also?
You may also use the emerald command via the alt, F2 keys.

bded
April 21st, 2009, 03:29 PM
my graphics card is a asus gtx280

i'm not sure what you mean by is compiz active, like in process tab of system monitor?, then yes.

that last one kinda worked on the window borders, much closer.

overdrank
April 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM

i'm not sure what you mean by is compiz active, like in process tab of system monitor?, then yes.

Hi and I have no experience with that new of nvidia graphics.
Is compiz active running. Are you able to use the effects.
If that command worked on the window borders then yes compiz is running and so is emerald.

stilling
April 21st, 2009, 05:27 PM

i don`t know if you installed the emerald theme manager if you did open it from applications-> System Tools -> emerald theme manager you have a button named import click it go to where is the emerald theme select it and that must be if does not work try again Alt+F2 and there emerald --replace
for emerald theme manager try in synaptic system -> administration -> synaptic package manager to quik search write emerald or try from the terminal with sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get install emerald.

i`m a newbie but that worked for me