PDA

View Full Version : [off]Your opinion on free software

srikar
April 21st, 2009, 03:24 AM
Do you care for practical convinience or ideology?What do you do for free software?

Please take a small free software survey HERE (http://ithinkless.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-world-of-free-software.html).This survey helps us to know individual opinion on free software.

3Miro
April 21st, 2009, 03:34 AM
Do you care for practical convinience or ideology?What do you do for free software?

Please take a small free software survey HERE (http://ithinkless.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-world-of-free-software.html).This survey helps us to know individual opinion on free software.

Just out of curiosity, how many people complete a survey that starts with asking for the name. Giving your real name on a random on-line survey is hardly a smart thing to do. Some people might give fake names, I decided to quit the survey.

srikar
April 21st, 2009, 03:51 AM
Giving name doesn't create any problem.When a person enter's his/her name he/she takes the survey with responsibility.And coming to fake names,i dont bother.We must only care for responsible & dedicated community ;)

srikar
April 21st, 2009, 04:01 AM
@sorry for posting it here.I didn't notice community cafe.Sorry.I guess the thread is moved.

mamamia88
April 21st, 2009, 05:22 AM
i'm just a cheapskate who doesn't like to pay for software when free software can do what i want just fine

Ericyzfr1
April 21st, 2009, 05:29 AM
Free as in open source or as free $$? The open source concept is the right thing to do as it should lead to improvement in features and security. For free $$, since I am not a programmer and I do not have a lot of time to give to the community, if Canonical would ask for a small fee for Ubuntu, it would be fair.

3Miro
April 21st, 2009, 11:49 AM
Giving name doesn't create any problem.When a person enter's his/her name he/she takes the survey with responsibility.And coming to fake names,i dont bother.We must only care for responsible & dedicated community ;)

There is a difference between dedicated to the community and cautious about revealing personal information on random places.

In either way, if you have not done so already, read about Richard Stallman and his ideas. Paying for software is fine, being restricted in the way you can use the software is bad.