PDA

View Full Version : Ogg vorbis support for car stereo?

twin_57103
April 21st, 2009, 02:26 AM
I've found some old information on this topic, but nothing current. I'd like to put a new stereo in my car and use a flash drive as a data source. I'd prefer to use ogg rather than mp3. Does anyone know if any units currently on the market will support this file format? I haven't had much luck so far.

Thanks!

pwnst*r
April 21st, 2009, 03:57 AM
if i were you, i'd get a DAP that supports .ogg and a head unit with an auxiliary input. you're not going to find much luck with .ogg support in a HU.

JC Cheloven
April 21st, 2009, 04:42 AM
I don't know really, but I'm interested. My new year's resolution was to buy only players with ogg support in the future. This free format deserves a much better market share.

Please keep us informed ;-)

twin_57103
April 21st, 2009, 05:14 AM
It seems ogg support has been discontinued in several brands. I'd special order an obscure player if I could find one, but not a used one that is several years old.

My goal is to use a flash drive directly without needing a portable music player and aux in - that's more hassle than I want (love my iRiver player though - ogg works perfect!). I will probably give up and go back to mp3 unless something better comes up :(

Thanks for the help!