PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I save/restore panel settings?

mvalviar
April 20th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I play WC3TFT under wine fullscreen. Everytime I close the game all my icons gets repositioned to right end of the panel and I have to move them back to their original positions. I there a way to save the panel settings (including the position of the icons) and then restore them later? Or better yet, prevent wine from messing them up in the first place?

Thanks.

cybergalvez
April 20th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I play WC3TFT under wine fullscreen. Everytime I close the game all my icons gets repositioned to right end of the panel and I have to move them back to their original positions. I there a way to save the panel settings (including the position of the icons) and then restore them later? Or better yet, prevent wine from messing them up in the first place?

Thanks.

Good question I've wondered the same thing myslef. I hope someone has a better solution then mine. What I did was create a second user (I usually have two users for myself) the second user's desktop and panels are usually the default ones, since I spend such little time there. You could play WC3TFT there where it wouldn't do any harm

darthmob
April 20th, 2009, 09:50 PM
a workaround would be to emulate a virtual desktop in wine. you can add it for your game in the wine configuration under graphics.

simply set it to use the same resolution as your desktop. it will be windowed but using the full screen and it should not effect your icons. :)