PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought My Ubuntu Laptop Bag!

LiamWilson
April 20th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Yay! I just bought one of those Laptop bags from the Ubuntu shop, although I have no idea when it'll be here...

I also bought some stickers for 50p.

What have you guys bough from the shop, if anything?

suitedaces
April 20th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I've been looking at the bag, and will get some the clothes after I'm done losing weight. Would love to know what you think of the bag when you get it.

missbliss
April 20th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Are you talking about the Ogio Messenger? Those Ogio bags are tight. Nice!

Haven't bought anything myself, but I might have to pick up a beanie or a hoodie.

nandemonai
April 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I've had my eye on one of those Ogio Messenger bags for ages.

One of the new Jaunty tees might be alright too.

LiamWilson
April 20th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Nah, it was one on these:

http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=393

I already had a Nintendo Messenger bag, but I wanted to contribute to Ubuntu in some way, so decided to get one of those.

Yeah, those Jaunty Tee's look great!

Sealbhach
April 20th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I have the "I do it with Ubuntu" teeshirt.

Sunflower1970
April 20th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Been eyeing the messenger bag or the backpack. I already have a backpack, (and tons of messenger bags) and really don't need another one....but I love bags. I have a closet full of bags...Some women go crazy over shoes, I go crazy over bags...(not purses no way--but bags or backpacks you bet!)

(although if I ended up buying one, the husband would scream....)

mamamia88
April 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM
just out of curiousity will it fit a 17" laptop?

jespdj
April 21st, 2009, 10:34 AM
I bought an Ubuntu mug (which I use everyday to drink coffee from), an 1 GB USB stick with Ubuntu logo on it, some stickers and some pens.

XubuRoxMySox
April 21st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Alot of the stuff I wanted is out of stock! But I'll keep trying because I want to support the project too. I think some of that stuff is great for promoting it.

There's no school near me yet, but I can hardly wait to take the two-day Desktop course and learn how to use Open Office and Gimp and stuff. I know there's an online course too, but I really need a classroom experience if possible...

Shop Ubuntu!

-Robin, a fanboy

Vadi
April 21st, 2009, 01:05 PM
I got the backpack. It's nice

Joeb454
April 21st, 2009, 01:13 PM
I bought a keyring, pen & sticker set :)

They didn't take that long at all to arrive actually :)

I may look into getting some clothing at some point, or a laptop bag. I have a 13.3" laptop though, not 15.4"

Dragonbite
April 21st, 2009, 01:49 PM
I bought a black baseball cap. It's great, and I get a number of "what is Ubuntu" with a few "Do you Ubuntu?" (from other Linux users.. most of them Fedora so far.)

I also just did a co-presentation at the computer club on desktop Linux and Canonical sent us goodies to raffle off including CDs from ShipIt! They were great!

calrogman
April 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM
I myself have the laptop bag, a hoodie and the stressball (for when I clean up my mothers WinDOS PC). The laptop bag is great quality, the hoodie is very comfortable and the stressball has worked so far.

Zlatan
April 21st, 2009, 02:40 PM
What were your shipping costs? I wonder if I buy some small things for 20EUR and to get another 20EUR bill for shipping would be fun:)

LiamWilson
April 21st, 2009, 06:20 PM
just out of curiousity will it fit a 17" laptop?

Yeah, Mine's a 17" eMachines G520, and I irdered the 17" one, so it should fit.

Also, the shipping costs for me was about 3.50, which I thought to not be that bad.

I noticed it said I have to sign for it, but there usually isn't anyone in on a weekday, what happens if it comes but no-one is in?

jespdj
April 21st, 2009, 08:44 PM
What were your shipping costs? I wonder if I buy some small things for 20EUR and to get another 20EUR bill for shipping would be fun:)
The stuff I ordered was sent from the UK, so the shipping cost was not that high.

Nevon
April 21st, 2009, 09:03 PM
I would like to buy the laptop bag as well. But it's just way too expensive for me, especially with the shipping.

U-Bom-2
April 21st, 2009, 09:10 PM
I want so hard the "Ubuntu Circle of Friends Hoody (black)"
Damn... need a credit card :(