PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] moving windows erratic with Desktop effects.

miatawnt2b
April 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I am having a strange problem lately. Moving windows has become erratic, and one thing I have noticed about it is that if I click and hold on a window title bar, while moving the window, sometimes the mouse pointer will not stay on the title bar. Sometimes the window will move and the mouse cursor will not, other times, the window stays and the mouse cursor moves. Usually the window will start moving fine, but as I drag it along, is when the problem arises.

I have found if I disable the snapping windows plugin, things work normally, but I loose snapping functionality.

Thoughts?

-J

zero7404
May 19th, 2009, 10:27 PM
with regard to this problem, i've experienced it to only when in the compiz-manager window....when i'm changing a setting it happens sometimes....but i haven't seen it yet when i'm not in the manager window.

one thing i did want help with is just completely disabling snapping windows. i unchecked it from the manager window, but compiz does not want to obey....

i also use wobbly windows, but i checked in that and i don't see any options that would pertain to this feature.

maybe there is another option in compiz that uses this effect ?