PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

chriskin
April 20th, 2009, 03:39 PM
i was playing urban terror, and i joined a free for all server with a friend of mine. there were 3 users already logged in and two of them started screaming for us to leave because it was a private battle. they were not polite at all and they kept on calling us noobs even though at the end i finished first and my friend second

so, what would you do?

pwnst*r
April 20th, 2009, 03:41 PM
i was playing urban terror, and i joined a free for all server with a friend of mine. there were 3 users already logged in and two of them started screaming for us to leave because it was a private battle. they were not polite at all and they kept on calling us noobs even though at the end i finished first and my friend second

so, what would you do?

lol, is this a troll?

chriskin
no, this is a question...

pwnst*r
if not, i would have done exactly what you did. smashed some emotions in game.

frodon
April 20th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I would find another server where people are in good mood ;)

pwnst*r
April 20th, 2009, 03:44 PM
good luck with that. i'm surprised this is a serious question. you must be new to online gaming.

chriskin
April 20th, 2009, 03:47 PM
good luck with that. i'm surprised this is a serious question. you must be new to online gaming.

i've been playing online a lot, but i have never met anyone asking impolitely to leave from a free for all non-passworded server, it is even more stupid than using aimbots , isn't it?

pwnst*r
April 20th, 2009, 03:50 PM
not really. i would have just said "not a private server, prepare to be owned". and let havoc commence. makes it more fun that way.

lukjad
April 20th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I refuse to play with people who insult me. I play games to unwind and relax, not get insulted. Just ignore them if you can, or leave and play with someone who isn't so insecure that they feel the need to put you down.

koshatnik
April 20th, 2009, 03:51 PM

so, what would you do?

I'm hoping you are 14 years old, because if thats a question from an adult, I'd be concerned.

chriskin
April 20th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I'm hoping you are 14 years old, because if thats a question from an adult, I'd be concerned.

man this is a place "for lighthearted and enjoyable discussions, like you might find around a water cooler at work", not a place for philosophical discussions :P chill out ok? i just wanted to see what other would do

koshatnik
April 20th, 2009, 04:01 PM
man this is a place "for lighthearted and enjoyable discussions, like you might find around a water cooler at work", not a place for philosophical discussions :P chill out ok? i just wanted to see what other would do

Why does it matter?

Online games are full of nubs smacktalking. Its part of the culture. If you play online games, you accept that that will happen. Adults ignore it. I just find it odd that anyone would care that some nubs on a server were getting abusive. Happens all the time. If that causes you concern enough to post on a forum about it, then I don't think you should be playing online games lest it offends you delicate sensibilities :)

chriskin
April 20th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Why does it matter?

Online games are full of nubs smacktalking. Its part of the culture. If you play online games, you accept that that will happen. Adults ignore it. I just find it odd that anyone would care that some nubs on a server were getting abusive. Happens all the time. If that causes you concern enough to post on a forum about it, then I don't think you should be playing online games lest it offends you delicate sensibilities :)

never said i was offended, just curious about what others would do in my place
i didn't think twice before pawing them,
what was strange though was that they were good, better than most you can find out there, meaning that they were playing a lot. usually it is newcomers that find pleasure in screaming at others on the internet, (or speaking as if they are more mature , like someone here does... :) ) . remember that usually the aggressive man on the internet is the weak on in his everyday life, and read again your posts

koshatnik
April 20th, 2009, 04:08 PM
what was strange though was that they were good, better than most you can find out there, meaning that they were playing a lot. usually it is newcomers that find pleasure in screaming at others on the internet, (or speaking as if they are more mature , like someone here does... :) ) . remember that usually the aggressive man on the internet is the weak on in his everyday life, and read again your posts

Err, yeah. Guess that's me pwned.

aaaantoine
April 20th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I don't recall ever having this problem, but if I ever did, this is how it would go down...

Idiots: WTF! this iz a private server! GTFO!
Me: Should have password-protected it, then.

*Resume pwnage until kicked or bored.*

Bölvağur
April 20th, 2009, 04:15 PM
pawns are part of chess. pwn is part of spelling own incorrectly ;)

in other games I sometimes see me being votekicked just after I join. So I use the 2-3 seconds I have to write something like : "get a private server noobs" if it is a clan... if those are just random players I tell them to borrow a private server.

What is needed is a simple way for people to borrow private servers.

Therion
April 20th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Err, yeah. Guess that's me pwned.

Indeed. And with an eloquence rarely seen I'd say.

chriskin
April 20th, 2009, 04:19 PM
pawns are part of chess. pwn is part of spelling own incorrectly ;)

in other games I sometimes see me being votekicked just after I join. So I use the 2-3 seconds I have to write something like : "get a private server noobs" if it is a clan... if those are just random players I tell them to borrow a private server.

What is needed is a simple way for people to borrow private servers.

by the way, is there any way to borrow a private server at all? other than send a mail to the owner if you know who he is, of course

pwnst*r
April 20th, 2009, 04:27 PM

lol, no.

pwnst*r
April 20th, 2009, 04:28 PM
by the way, is there any way to borrow a private server at all? other than send a mail to the owner if you know who he is, of course

easiest thing to do would be to get recruited into a clan who has a server. also, if you're only talking about a couple of friends, it's very easy to host your own.

XubuRoxMySox
April 20th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Pwn 'em! Rude people need their comuppance. Do a favor for the next person that logs on when they're being jerks.

-Robin

billgoldberg
April 20th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Nothing more fun than pwning such losers.

pwnst*r
April 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
lol, sometimes i'll go into a server (cod4, bf2 and q3) and pretend i'm new. "hey guys, how do you release the parachute" or something similar and if i get demeaning responses from a particular person, i commence ownage at that point.

that's good times.