PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Skype on Ubuntu 64-Bit

Veritas06
April 20th, 2009, 04:26 AM
I know there are plenty of posts on this (i'm sure there's some here, i've been Googling this problem since last week) however, there are no solutions that have worked for me. I have Ubuntu 64-bit (running compiz if that matters [someone said it can affect Skype]) & after starting my comp up one day, Skype stopped working. I'm not sure if there was an update that led to it, but now when i try to get my camera working in Skype, all i can see for my cam is green static. I have purged, removed, deleted the .Skype folder, re-installed, tried multiple ways of installing it, & still no change. The part that kills me is IT WAS WORKING, now all of a sudden, my cam is showing static. I know there is no 64 Bit Skype (i believe it's time the source was released so more intelligent developers can make a //working// edition of Skype for 64 Bit) however i have tried at least 2 or 3 tutorials on getting the 32 but to work on x64 (using getlibs).

[[ Sorry for my little rant above. I'm just so tired over trying to get this to work. ]]

Again, i'm sorry for asking this again, but none of the other solutions i've tried have worked.

~Thanks in advance.

Veritas06
April 20th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I'm sorry, after more fumbling around, i got it working using a few different tutorials.

Mods, feel free to lock / delete this thread.