PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] installing from multiple iso files

Daedal
April 20th, 2009, 02:38 AM
i've been having trouble installing a game from multiple iso files. anyway the first iso starts the install fine but once i mount the second one i can't get the install to register that the second "disk" is in.

is there any way to do this?

rob356
April 20th, 2009, 02:52 AM
maybe try pretending it is like a real CD drive. So you unmount the first ISO then mount the second ISO, so it appears like you ejected the drive, took out the CD, placed in the new one, and closed the drive.

Daedal
April 20th, 2009, 03:25 AM
i've tried it already as well as tried mounting them at different places which i didn't think would work anyway. tried mounting them at /media/cdrom0/ in the off chance that that would help.
i'm not sure why it isn't working but i'm still fairly inexperienced with this stuff even though i haven't used windows for a year now. most of what i use my computer for is visual art anyway (love for gimp, blender, and inkscape) so i really haven't had to do much in the way of things that would give me problems to gain experience from.
i'm not entirely sure if it has anything to do with it and i read that it generally isn't such a great idea but i have to use umount -l to unmount the first iso because it won't let me unmount it otherwise.