PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Instalation - RAM Memory problem

omzatru
April 20th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Hi I would like to share a problem that I passed with my memroy RAM, is not a common problem and took me some time to detect it.

I tried for a month, like 3 to 5 times installing Ubuntu on my new PC, all hardware was new.

And when the installation was taking place, on copying files to hard disk an error appears, it was something like this: "Error, please verify that your hard disk is ok, or that burn your installation cd on a lower speed.

I burnt 3 o 4 times the same image, I try to install with other disk and images, I took out the hard disk and try on different hardware (mother board and memory) this options shows me that my hard disk was ok, because the installation finish successfully.

I try to install guindows xp, with out any success.

I take out all hardware and put it again.

And finally I remember that the Ubuntu CD has a tool to check memory, so I run it, and guess what, it send me memory errors.

So I start testing 1 by 1, I had 4 memory of 1 Gb each, and I detect that one of them was damage.

I have many years installing OS on pc and never get this problem, usually RAM memory never get damage and even if is new.

So I hope this can help some one that may have the same problem.

Thanks and have a great life.

qk-om

zvacet
April 20th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Try to pull of damaged one and then try to install.If that goes well go and buy new ram.