PDA

View Full Version : Web Editor/ Creator's

JK3mp
April 19th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Ok. So i do freelance web development and i've mostly done stuff COMPLETELY hand coded. Worked with Microsoft Web Developer a bit but HATED it. I installed and tried Bluefish editor and Cssed editor. So far there pretty handy for little repetitive tasks and so on. Are there any other programs similiar or better to them for linux that anyone could suggest me trying out ?

Tibuda
April 19th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I love working with my tweaked Gedit (External tools, line tools, snippets, file browser, and more). Aptana is very popular for webdev, but I don't like those full featured IDEs.

JK3mp
April 19th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah i know what you mean. But i'll give it a check out. :)

cariboo
April 20th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Have a look at Quanta, it's in the repositories.

Jim

Mateo
April 20th, 2009, 03:14 AM
i would guess eclipse is the closest thing to a "killer app" for linux-based programming languages. There are other ides for other platforms but none, in my opinion, feel like a perfect fit the way eclipse/java or visual studio/c# feel. So I would say eclipse is the way to go if you do java.

JK3mp
April 20th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Kay thanks i'll look into those. :)

Barrucadu
April 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Whatever you're most comfortable with is the best program you can use. Emacs is what I'm most comfortable with, and over time I've customised it to work better for me. If I changed editor now, while I would still be able to do what I do, I wouldn't be as efficient.

So, my advice is find an editor you like, and learn how to use it as well as you can.

dragos240
April 20th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I always used KompoZer 8.10 version.

JK3mp
April 21st, 2009, 09:30 PM
hmm... i'll check those out. And yeah i've already used emacs and love it! :-P

james.paige
April 21st, 2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.aptana.com/

simply the best out there.

JK3mp
April 21st, 2009, 11:41 PM
http://www.aptana.com/

simply the best out there.

Okay but im holding you to that. If your wrong.... im coming back to spam your inbox with hate mail! lol j/k. I'll check it out ;)