PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I'm amazed by my own stupidity.

suitedaces
April 19th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I was convinced that my integrated webcam wasn't supported by ubuntu, and had spent ages fruitlessly searching for information on where to find drivers.

After a week, I have just realised that I had no software installed, and one quick sudo apt-get install cheese later, we have my ugly mug staring back at me from the laptop. I was tearing my hair out trying to find those drivers!

=^,^=
April 19th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I was convinced that my integrated webcam wasn't supported by ubuntu, and had spent ages fruitlessly searching for information on where to find drivers.

After a week, I have just realised that I had no software installed, and one quick sudo apt-get install cheese later, we have my ugly mug staring back at me from the laptop. I was tearing my hair out trying to find those drivers!

Lol! ^,^

RiceMonster
April 19th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I hate it when that kind of thing happens.

I was writting a C++ program for school, and I spent 2 hours trying to figure out what was going wrong with it, then I realized I accidentally did this:

variable++;
<block of code>
variable++;

Damn it! How could I not realize I incremented it twice?

Ticketoride
April 19th, 2009, 06:29 PM

"Cheese" hasn't done much for my Logitech 4000 Cam which appears to be intermittently supported here and there. Some have figured out how to make it work through rather complicated Configuration Procedures.

ubuntu27
April 19th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Have you guys tried Webcam Studio?

http://www.getdeb.net/app/WebcamStudio