PDA

View Full Version : Futurama RETURNS......well maybe

gorkhal
January 5th, 2006, 07:20 PM
RTA

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117935453?categoryid=1050&cs=1&s=h&p=0

here's hoping for more....DEATH BY...SNOO SNOO...

SNOO SNOO!! SNOO SNOO!! :D

Lovechild
January 5th, 2006, 07:25 PM
The person responsable for Futurama being cancelled is invited to bite my shiny metal ass

Rotarychainsaw
January 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Im reading /. right now. How can anyone think Family Guy is/was better than Futurama?!?! Some people think the Simpsons were better too. All I can say is that these people are wrong. Futurama is the best show to ever some out of Fox.

xequence
January 5th, 2006, 07:49 PM
If they made more episodes id be happy.

WildTangent
January 5th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Futurama is by far my favourite cartoon. Much better than the Simpsons, and Family Guy only comes close...

If they're making more episodes, I will celebrate :D

-Wild

bored2k
January 5th, 2006, 11:30 PM
I kinda disliked futurama. In traditional --non-japanese cartoons: Simpsons > FGuy > * .

drogoh
January 5th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Of course Futurama will be brought back on the air, Fox is watching Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block ratings like a hawk. How else did Family Guy get a new lease on life, and how else but Adult Swim's ratings would American Dad still be floundering along?

bored2k
January 6th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Adult Swim delivers owange just for the fact that they show anime :-P .

poofyhairguy
January 6th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Futurama was very hit or miss. Its best was better than any other Fox cartoon (yes, far better than the top of Family Guy/American Dad/Simpsons....well maybe not Simpsons) but its worst was far worse than the average of the rest.

That said, I would love to have it back. I can't force myself to laugh at the new Simpsons (its just not funny. Its cool, but not funny) and Family Guy has not been as good because it has to share the best jokes with American Dad. A revived Futurama could be far better than the original, if only because the timing is better.

I was watching an older simpsons the other day and it implied that Futurama was the show MG really wanted to do. Simpsons paid his bills, Futurama was his dream. Thats why some of its episodes were so good.

Of course, I have not seen a "Its Official" yet after months of speculation so I don't want to get to exciting. Personally I would be happy with a movie if the alternative was nothing at all.

prizrak
January 6th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Adult Swim pawns cuz they got The Boondocks :) Nothing like a crazy white boy being voiced by Samuel L. Jackson :)

mstlyevil
January 6th, 2006, 04:12 AM
I learned something from the article. I never knew Peg (Katey Segal) was one of the voices on the show. Futurerama is funny but I have to say that South Park has it and The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad beat all to hell. What other cartoon depicts Satan and Sadaam Hussien having a gay love affair. South Park is the king of adult cartoons.

DaMasta
January 6th, 2006, 04:20 AM
I've always found South Park far from funny. It's just never struck my fancy.

Dr. Nick
January 6th, 2006, 05:44 AM
My avatar and username may make me look bias on this :) but, I like the simpsons over all of the other current/past fox cartonns. I watched futurama in the begenning and loved it, but after a few seasons it seemed to me atleast to go downhill quickly, I hate it when shows resort to crude (adult) humor all the time just to try and get laughs, one or two well placed crude jokes can be funny, but I dont find it funny when every episode is based on them.

I like watching some of the older family guys aswell but they seemed to go the mainly adult humor route aswell in many episodes.

I agree with poofy that the simspsons lately havent been that funny, I watch it but dont laugh like I do when I watch any of the episodes from seasons 1-7 that I own on DVD :) :)

I have sort of a weird way to rate shows "How many of the characters make me laugh" Simpsons wins hands down here, maybe since it has more characters than the others. I laught at Apu, Chief and Ralph Wiggum, Maggie, Bart and most others.

With Family Guy its mainly Brian and Stewie, Peter on few occasions but not that oftern, With Futurama it was almost always Bender only.

I would probably give it another shot if they brought it back though.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but has anyone seem a simpsons episode start with "Viewer Discresion is Advised"? This seems to appear on most of the fox cartoons I dont find funny, but not on the simpsons which I do find fuuny

gorkhal
January 6th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Futurama in its latter years or say season 3 onwards seems to be have been developed as an everything show rather than just focusing on comedy alone.

I realize the norm seems to be if a show is animated it better be funny all the time, however some of futurama's really good episodes are hardly funny at all, but wonderful soul tugging work..."Luck of the fryrish" anyone.

And this definitely sets it apart...from say "Family guy"...which is all/mostly about crude humor, which is not necessarily a bad thing, and simpsons...well i dare not go there...having not seen any of the earlier episodes.

gerbman
January 6th, 2006, 08:45 AM
All I can say is that these people are wrong.

Clearly you don't understand the concept of an opinion ;-)

buckley
January 6th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Futurama is a fantastic show. I loved watching every minute of it just as i do the simpsons and family guy.

its hard for me to compare all the shows because they all take satire in a different direction. the simpsons is more the entertainment side, while family guy is very political. Futurama is... well just weird. but i still love the shows.

Boondocks rule.

Adult swim for life!

poofyhairguy
January 6th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Futurama in its latter years or say season 3 onwards seems to be have been developed as an everything show rather than just focusing on comedy alone.

I realize the norm seems to be if a show is animated it better be funny all the time, however some of futurama's really good episodes are hardly funny at all, but wonderful soul tugging work..."Luck of the fryrish" anyone.

And this definitely sets it apart...from say "Family guy"...which is all/mostly about crude humor, which is not necessarily a bad thing, and simpsons...well i dare not go there...having not seen any of the earlier episodes.

Exactly. That stuff is great!