PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Dvd

Duskao
April 19th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Okay... This might seem really dumb... but how do I access my cd/dvd in Kubuntu? This is a data DVD if that makes any differance. Kubuntu 8.10. Thanks in advance!

leonardo_neo
April 19th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Okay... This might seem really dumb... but how do I access my cd/dvd in Kubuntu? This is a data DVD if that makes any differance. Kubuntu 8.10. Thanks in advance!

This is as simple as inserting your disk in optical drive, the disk gets automounted, you double click on the mounted disk icon, and you access your data disk :)

Duskao
April 19th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Well, thats kinda the problem... I don't see the mounted disc icon anywhere. Perhaps I'm looking directly at it and don't see it (totally possible) but could you tell me where it is??? LOL. I'm feel like such a tool.

leonardo_neo
April 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Well, thats kinda the problem... I don't see the mounted disc icon anywhere. Perhaps I'm looking directly at it and don't see it (totally possible) but could you tell me where it is??? LOL. I'm feel like such a tool.

Sometimes the file browser directly opens the disk (if setting is like that). Even though the mounted disk icon is seen on desktop and inside 'computer' icon on your desktop.

Duskao
April 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM
OMG nevermind. The problem was that I had just burned the disc and didn't open and close the tray I guess. Cause it seems to have come up now... Sorry for wasting your time....