PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Is it possible to install kubuntu to a usb flash drive?

=^,^=
April 19th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Can i install kubuntu to it like i could to a hard drive?

matrixblue
April 19th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Yes it is. The flashdrive needs to be at least 4GBand I would recommend you get a drive with a read speed of t least 20 MB/s and a write speed of at least 8-10 MB/s.

Make sure you manually partition and format the flashdrive as ext2 (better for the flash) and on the last page on the installer click Advanced and set Grub to be installed on the flash drive (might be sda or sdb) though it is recommended that you remove your internal hard drivein case something goes wrong.

Good luck

=^,^=
April 19th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Yes it is. The flashdrive needs to be at least 4GBand I would recommend you get a drive with a read speed of t least 20 MB/s and a write speed of at least 8-10 MB/s.

Make sure you manually partition and format the flashdrive as ext2 (better for the flash) and on the last page on the installer click Advanced and set Grub to be installed on the flash drive (might be sda or sdb) though it is recommended that you remove your internal hard drivein case something goes wrong.

Good luck

Thank you! ^,^