PDA

View Full Version : How to find the right web hosting provider (in Germany)??

m4lte
April 18th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Hey everybody.

I want to set up a website for a small company and I'm now facing the choice of a web hosting provider. It seems there are millions of providers out there and I have no clue where to start looking.

How do you find the right web hosting provider? What do you have to look for?

Can you recommend any providers?

I need roughly 100 MB web space, 10GB traffic/month, MySQL, probably a .de domain and an email server. Visitors will be mostly from Germany, so it might be good to have the server in Germany?

cheers!

Daisuke_Aramaki
April 18th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Hey everybody.

I want to set up a website for a small company and I'm now facing the choice of a web hosting provider. It seems there are millions of providers out there and I have no clue where to start looking.

How do you find the right web hosting provider? What do you have to look for?

Can you recommend any providers?

I need roughly 100 MB web space, 10GB traffic/month, MySQL, probably a .de domain and an email server. Visitors will be mostly from Germany, so it might be good to have the server in Germany?

cheers!

have you checked with 1und1.de? from what i have heard from some friends here, they are good.

m4lte
April 22nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
I checked 1und1.de but they only offer one package for 7 euro/month. Given that I don't need much except for the database, I find that rather expensive.

NE Key
April 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
Try one.com.