PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless Mouse Keyboard Problem

gzibell
April 18th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I am having a weird problem with my wireless mouse and keyboard. I have 9.04 RC installed on two machines. A hp laptop and a hp desktop. This is my first post to the forum so sorry if this is hard to understand. The only difference in the install process was my laptop was upgraded from 8.10 and my desktop was a new install of 9.04. On my hp laptop my wireless mouse and keyboard (dynex DX-WR13) work perfectly and on my hp desktop it is very sluggish. I have to type very slow and the mouse movement is very jerky and unresponsive. I also have a PS2 mouse and keyboard which work fine on my desktop. I could just use the PS2 setup but my desktop in hooked up to my lcd tv so I would like to be able to sit more than 2 feet away. My desktop is a dual boot with windows xp and the wireless mouse and keyboard work fine under xp. I don't really know how to go about resolving this issue so any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

jerrrys
April 19th, 2009, 01:24 AM
maybe you should back up to 8.04...get it working...do a fresh install to ??

gzibell
April 19th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I took your advice and tried a clean install of 8.04...then 8.10. There was no functionality under either. 9.04 seems to recognize that it is connected and attempts to make it work. I am still curious because it worked on my laptop just fine but very sluggish on my desktop. Its kinda weird..I guess I will just continue using a corded setup until a future update takes care of it.