PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Desktop Cube Issue

aqscithe
April 18th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Wow. This is the first time I've actually had to post a problem without finding the solution on here first.

Anyway, I just migrated from Intrepid to Jaunty. I did a complete fresh install, only backing up those precious files. So I went on the hunt for all those familiar apps and downloaded compiz.

Here is my problem: whenever I try to enable "Desktop Cube" the desktop shrinks (there is a black frame around it) and the cube is not enabled.

Below are before and after screenshots of my desktop.

I have never had this problem before on Intrepid and this is a completely fresh install so I'm guessing it has something to do with Jaunty(my guesses are usually wrong). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. :D

SketchyClown
April 18th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I use the Wall myself but I'm gonna take a wild guess here.

You have the cube itself enabled, but I notice in your 2nd screen-shot that you do not have Rotate Cube enabled. Maybe that needs to be turned on as well to enable you to see more than just the front side of the cube?

Svensk023
April 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Well there are a few factors that come into play.

You are using running the beta version of Jaunty, so it's no surprise that weird kinks like this arise. The proprietary drivers for Jaunty probably aren't up to speed yet. It may just something in the compiz-fusion packages that need to be fixed.

I wouldn't worry about it too much right now, im sure that after the official release, many of these kinks will be taken care of within the first few weeks.

I personally am not going to make the change to Jaunty as my main OS until a week or two after it's release, but until then I will just test it out on one of my extra HDD's

aqscithe
April 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Rotate Cube not being enabled wasn't the problem. I'm going to go ahead and agree with Svensk023 that its just one of the kinks not worked out of Jaunty yet. Other than that Jaunty has been working very well.

Besides its not anything major and I'm sure I can make until then.

But if anyone knows a fix, feel free to keep posting!!

aqscithe
April 18th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Ok...thanks to this thread here:

http://http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=10099&highlight=desktop+shrinks

I was able to get the cube running properly.