PDA

View Full Version : Do you click on Open Source projects website ads?

mihai.ile
April 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I just added an ad on my project's website (www.jkiwi.com) and would like to know a few things:

Do you use to click on ads just by knowing that it will support the the project owners just like a donation or you just click whenever see something interesting?

We all know that ads usually are annoying but it gives some revenue for site owners and in my opinion if they are not intrusive I don't find them so bad (no flashing images ads and in middle of screen), like the ones in gMail webpage.

Skripka
April 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I use Privoxy, so I never see an ad on the internet. It is rather relaxing actually-just seeing the content you want, and not spam.

lykwydchykyn
April 17th, 2009, 03:14 PM
There are ads on the internet? Oh man, sometime I gotta browse without adblock.

Barrucadu
April 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I don't click on ads. If I see an ad for something I might like I google for it myself, rather than click the ad. I'm just strange like that.

Eisenwinter
April 17th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I use an addon on Firefox called AdBlock, to block out ads on websites I visit frequently.

Bonger1901
April 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I never click any ads. I don't even see them, my brains just recognize them so it skips them automatically :P

Stupendoussteve
April 17th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I click them when I notice, or when it's interesting. One thing I like is most open source sites do not have flash adds or ones that are javascript and crazy. I use Adblock but can still see the ads on the Gentoo site, but they are unobtrusive.