PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from Neil

steeler_fan
January 5th, 2006, 10:50 AM
While this goes against everything I've ever learned about using forums, I suppose since it says to say Hello to the Community Chat forum, this would be the best place to do it.

(Why not have a "Hey, I'm new!" thread, where everyone who is new could start in? :) Just a thought)

Anyway, my name is Neil, and I use the name "steeler_fan" because, well, I love the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'm originally from that area, though I recently moved to Michigan.

Ubuntu is not my first linux distro, and it probably won't be my last (maybe, though!). I started with Mandrake 9.1 in late 2003, and I've tried a bunch in between, including Slackware, Gentoo, Fedora, PCLinuxOS, regular ol' Debian, and most recently MEPIS. I'm still relatively "inexperienced", and I still dual boot Windows XP.

I just installed Ubuntu today, and after using Automatix, I ran into a minor issue, though I seem to have fixed it. I have followed the Firefox project since it was known as "Phoenix", though my non-existant programming knowledge has relegated me to tech support, I like to help where I can. I enjoy using Free software, and contributing to further any project I can, even if it's just advertising through word of mouth :)

So anyway, "hello" :D

xequence
January 5th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Hello and welcome =D

truthfatal
January 5th, 2006, 05:46 PM
"Hello!"
:D

anil_robo
January 5th, 2006, 07:04 PM
(Why not have a "Hey, I'm new!" thread, where everyone who is new could start in? :) Just a thought)

Hello Neil
I support this idea whole-heartedly! :)