PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Major Installation Problems

Buntubailey
April 17th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Hello, i am in the process of building and setting up a LinuxMCE system and have decided to install Kubuntu first then use the two cd package for installing linuxMCE. I am having a problem though that I can boot from the Kubuntu CD and choose the option to start or install kubuntu, the process then starts but then it says starting linux and a few lines later leaves me with just a command prompt ubuntu@ubuntu, i've tried using install kubuntu-desktop but it tells me that the latest version is already installed, i've tried startx but it tells me that there is a fatal error, no screens found. How can I get around this problem so I can install kubuntu?

Many thanks,

Buntubailey
April 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Sorry, I should also note that i tried installing in safe graphics mode but nothing happened except my samsung display said mode not supported

Daisuke_Aramaki
April 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Hello, i am in the process of building and setting up a LinuxMCE system and have decided to install Kubuntu first then use the two cd package for installing linuxMCE. I am having a problem though that I can boot from the Kubuntu CD and choose the option to start or install kubuntu, the process then starts but then it says starting linux and a few lines later leaves me with just a command prompt ubuntu@ubuntu, i've tried using install kubuntu-desktop but it tells me that the latest version is already installed, i've tried startx but it tells me that there is a fatal error, no screens found. How can I get around this problem so I can install kubuntu?

Many thanks,

What hardware are you using? Some fancy graphic card in place?

Buntubailey
April 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM
hello and thanks for your reply, Asus P5N-73AM mainboard with onboard geforce 7050 graphics, intel E8400 2.8Ghz dual core processor, I tried installing normal ubuntu 8.10 with no problems. Just when i try kubuntu 7.10 this happens, i'm not sure what could be wrong.