PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] toughbook cf-30 touchscreen calibration

uglyoldbob
April 17th, 2009, 05:33 AM
I am not sure if this is in the right place.

I have a panasonic toughbook cf-30. I upgraded from 8.04 to 8.10 recently (format and install method). I was using the evtouch driver for my touchscreen and I expected to have to redo the setup for that after the install. However after installing, I notice that the touchscreen works (although is not calibrated). I scanned the /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but I didn't find anything related to a touchscreen driver (it is almost empty). Lsmod tells me that the evdev module is loaded. I think that this MAY be the driver being used for the touchscreen, but I don't know how to confirm this. I am at a lost for where to look next.

torstenaf
April 17th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Quick and dirty way to calibrate that works for me...

Go to the website and download .deb file for xinput_calibrator and install. Run the program xinput_calibrator from the command line, and follow the instruction.

1. Run xinput_calibrator
2. Click or tap on four points
3. Look at the command line output.
4. Create a file as specified in the terminal window.
5. Copy contents of file as specified in the terminal window into new file
6. Reboot.
7. Enjoy calibrated screen.

flipjarg
June 6th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Super easy! I just did it for my Toughbook CF-29 in Ubuntu. This probably would work for Debian as well... without any manual configuration I had pretty much the same functionality in Debian and Ubuntu right of the bat.

gowyn
June 8th, 2012, 12:38 AM
just trying this. Completely new to Ubuntu and terminal. I typed this: /home/mynamehere/Downloads/xinput-calibrator_0.7.5-1ubuntu1_i386.deb and got permission denied message.

Did I download the wrong file or what am I doing wrong?