PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new forum

NeilMonday
April 16th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Anyone have some good tips for starting a new forum? Where should I be putting most of my effort for attracting new users? I've tried just about all of the SEO things I can think of. I know it takes a long time to get a decent sized following, but I want to make sure I am doing things correctly.

looplu
April 16th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Anyone have some good tips for starting a new forum? Where should I be putting most of my effort for attracting new users? I've tried just about all of the SEO things I can think of. I know it takes a long time to get a decent sized following, but I want to make sure I am doing things correctly.

yeah start a new thread extolling the benefits of windows, thats always good for a few thousand protest posts huh!

Bölvağur
April 16th, 2009, 11:45 PM
specialize

DeadSuperHero
April 16th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Include the sections that were removed from the UF, such as Other OS Talk, The Backyard, Etc.

smartboyathome
April 17th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Include the sections that were removed from the UF, such as Other OS Talk, The Backyard, Etc.

Already been done on grubbn (both have). I would say, as with the post above, specialize. The main killer for forums is trying to do too much.

NeilMonday
April 17th, 2009, 12:54 AM
specialize

I have read that in a few places and now think that "Computer Science" is incredibly too broad of a topic. Should have done more research before starting. ](*,) Maybe I could restrict it completely to programming? It's still very broad, but certainly more concentrated than it is now. Thoughts?

1985davidwhite
December 18th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Actually I also have started a new forum recently, so now I am sharing about this with friends and relative person. I also have to do some social networking work for it.