PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Jaunty LiveCD Errors

horgabob
April 16th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Right now I'm running ubuntu 8.10, and everything is working fine.

It was suggested that I try Jaunty, so I downloaded the Live CD and booted from it. Once it loads I get this error:

"Sorry, the program "nautilus" closed unexpectedly
Your computer does not have enough free memory to automatically analyze the problem and send a report to the developers"

Also, it seems that it attempts to open an infinite amount of File Manager boxes, so it's constantly loading.

Any ideas?

Also, when I go back to 8.10, I now get a notification for upgrades, and it asks me to put in the Jaunty CD. Is that supposed to happen?

poliltimmy
April 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Sorry, the program "nautilus" closed unexpectedly

Your computer does not have enough free memory to automatically analyze the problem and send a report to the developers.

Same problem here. The wallpaper does not load. Only a blank screen. Upper and lower bars but no wallpaper. 2Gb of memory is not enough for error reporting?

Sef
April 30th, 2009, 03:28 PM
1) Did you md5sum the download or by bittorrent?

2) Instead of booting, go down the list to 'check disk for errors'.

poliltimmy
April 30th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I used torrent download. I checked for defects. Said there was none. Will use the ever so slow mirrors to download and burn again. Will let you know.

poliltimmy
April 30th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Downloaded form MIT, burnt with native ubuntu on 1x speed. So much for MIT mirror, found 2 errors, trying another unless some one has another suggestion.

poliltimmy
April 30th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Got out my back up PC an old emacines T6524 with 8.10 installed. Nautilus working fine off Live CD. Graphics fine. It has ATI Radeon Xpress 200. This is a nvidia problem, I think???? Could it be that I use the 177 driver? I could never get the new on to work right?

monikgtr
July 4th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I have the same problem here.. It's the second time I burn the iso image... the first time I downloaded from a mirror, and the second from bittorrent.

Here: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1133794.html I found that maybe it's a problem with Brasero.. (any of you using it?) I've used it to burn a few iso's lately and they all went wrong :/

I'll try to use another burning app and will let you know