PDA

View Full Version : A thank you.

InsaneSith
January 5th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I'd just like to post a thank you to all of you who make Ubuntu and any other distro possible.

Your hard work and dedication is appreciated and highly respected.
Without people like you I doubt alternative Operating Systems would have made it anywhere near as far as they have. I have been using Ubuntu for a little over a year, and while I may not have much experience with Linux as a whole aside from a few other distros, it's definitely the best thing I've run into that meets all my needs and wants.

So again, thank you for what you're doing here today.

PS: If there's any issue with this thread, I apologize, I just felt there needed to be some way for me, and possibly others as well, to thank those who've made all this possible.

mstlyevil
January 5th, 2006, 04:36 AM
No issue whatsoever. I feel the same way man.

ardchoille
January 5th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Agreed. I love this distro and thank all who are responsible for its creation and distribution.

harisund
January 5th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Yes, I agree with you.

I started out as a newbie in these forums and now I can proudly say I am no longer one. I make many posts daily and make it a point to solve atleast 3 requests daily.

Ubuntu as a desktop operating system is indeed terrific, but unless there is a widespread adoption similiar to Microsoft's operating systems, people will continue to rely on forums for stuff they are unable to figure out themselves. Hey, not everyone is a tech support guy after all... even when it comes to Microsoft. The advantage with Microsoft's products is that when you are unable to do something, you can normally find some one near your house (read the 14 year teenager next door) who can fix it ... though I must say, Linux nerds are increasing in number as well..