PDA

View Full Version : Did I really deserve an infraction?

wolfen69
April 15th, 2009, 09:11 PM
why am i being given an infraction for my avatar? it was a caricature of a woman (not naked or anything) leaning on a pole with the caption: " i support single moms". i have been using it for a while now, and no one said anything about it. how come i was not asked nicely to remove it? i would have had no problem complying. but 5 points for a simple caricature? i think that's a little overboard. plus, how am i supposed to know what's offensive to some people? a simple PM would have solved the problem.

i have reported an avatar that i thought was offensive, and nothing was done about it. what about what i think is offensive? that does not count? i can understand if it was a nude picture or a violent image, but it was nothing of the sort.

thank you for your time.

i made this thread originally in feedback and help. could you delete it?

KiwiNZ
April 15th, 2009, 09:17 PM
You have been here long enough to be aware of what is and is not appropriate for these Forums.
The Avatar in question was not appropriate.

I support the issuing of an infraction in this case.

matthew
April 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM
As explained in the infraction, you have been around long enough and interacted with staff often enough to know better.

The forums are always intended to be work/school safe. Even artistic nudity is considered inappropriate in those venues, unless you are in an art class...and we are not.

Your avatar was deemed inappropriate and I agree, even if it was not nude.

wolfen69
April 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
yeah, whatever. continue on with your witch hunt. the forums are THIS close to losing a member. i will not put up with being singled out and being treated like garbage. i have helped many people on here over the years, and would have thought as a courtesy you could have at least pm'ed me and let me know you did not like it. it was a simple god damned caricature for christ's sake. that showed me lack of tact by the forum staff. goodbye.

matthew
April 15th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I think a 24 hour break from the forums is a good idea for you. You are expressing yourself very harshly and in a way that flies in the face of the Forum Code of Conduct.

Come back in a day or so if you want to discuss the issue without so much venom.

wolfen69
April 17th, 2009, 04:04 AM
i still believe the staff was wrong. that will not change. however, it would not be fair to the newbies for me to leave this forum. i enjoy helping them too much to do that. take care.