PDA

View Full Version : What Helps You Get to Sleep?

mamamia88
April 15th, 2009, 04:08 AM
i am about to go to sleep and was wondering what helps you get to sleep at night? i find watching a repeat of a show or movie i've seen thousands of times while lieing on the couch always does the trick.

iponeverything
April 15th, 2009, 04:18 AM
I find that not sleeping for two days prior does the trick.

|Mitch|
April 15th, 2009, 04:18 AM
I can't go to sleep without the tv on.

OutOfReach
April 15th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Listening to my iPod usually helps for some reason.

blithen
April 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Ya' know I've never told anyone this, but I'm about to spill my heart out to strangers I've never met before. >_>;;;
Anyway, I rock. Like...side to side, like a you would rock a baby in a crib. I know it's weird, but It's a habit now that just after a hard day I come home and turn on some music and lay in bed and rock. It really helps me relax and eventually I just get so sleepy I stop rocking and pass out. (I really hope I'm not the only person on the forums that does this. >_<; )

Kareeser
April 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM
i am about to go to sleep and was wondering what helps you get to sleep at night? i find watching a repeat of a show or movie i've seen thousands of times while lieing on the couch always does the trick.

Darn. Was just going to come in here to say that. I put on an episode of Simpsons, and drift off that way.

I feel empty without it, it's weird.

logos34
April 15th, 2009, 04:24 AM
what helps you get to sleep at night?

reading the longest, dullest book imaginable.

As the ancient Greek Callimachus said: "Big book, big bore."

IHeartMyiBook
April 15th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Read...>.<

Tux Aubrey
April 15th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Sex always does it for me - or just taking one off the wrist if that's not available.

HermanAB
April 15th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Coffee or tea does it for me.

chucky chuckaluck
April 15th, 2009, 05:13 AM
benadryl

CraigPaleo
April 15th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I have insomnia and about the only non-drug remedy that really works is being extremely physical during the day.

Herbs don't work for me and all other prescription or OTC sleep-aids make me feel like crap the next day.

I listen to a self-hypnosis tape, which will help if I focus on it but sometime I find myself tuning it out and realize my brain is racing.

Ravernomina
April 15th, 2009, 05:30 AM
light some incense pop on some trance meditate for 20 min or so and i fall alseep ASAP.

juancarlospaco
April 15th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Defragment 1TB NTFS hard drives.

MikeTheC
April 15th, 2009, 06:24 AM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z69/cuisle1/tardis/zeroroom.jpg

Only mine isn't colored pink (and doesn't have two women in it ATM...)

Eisenwinter
April 15th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Getting shitfaced.

It's a sure recepie.

joshdudeha
April 15th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Drinking coffee; funnily enough.
But I can't sleep lately. It's annoying. Does anyone get it where they feel like they need to turn their mind off, because it keeps thinking.
Agh; I don't know why I'm thinking so much lately.

toupeiro
April 15th, 2009, 09:27 AM
sex always does it for me.

+1

Also. 1 beer, or 1 glass of wine will make me pretty sleepy when its late.. However, if I have more than 3, my brain thinks its time to party, not time to sleep :S

cmay
April 15th, 2009, 10:48 AM
the best thing i can think of is that you lie down and relax and just think of things that has happen today. then after half an hour you should be falling asleep no matter how hard you try not to.

if you really cant fall asleep anyway then get up and do something like read a book about setting up a webserver on redhat 6.0 or a javascript tutorial or what ever that demands a bit of concentration .
anohter option is to do the dishes by hand and clean the house or something like that.

Mulenmar
April 15th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Staying up for 18 hours straight and lying down for a quick nap generally works wonders for me.