PDA

View Full Version : Its time to take a stand.

xequence
January 4th, 2006, 11:35 PM
You know how the admins have similar avatars?

Well, us people with a normal coloured username need some fun too. Thats why I am unionizing ubuntu users!

My new union will be called "U.B.U.N.T.U."

It stands for:

U buntu
B lue
U sers
N otwithstanding
T oocoolforschool
U nion

We will all have similar avatars and take all the fun away from the admins.

Its time everyone realised ubuntu forums is not wal*mart. It cant keep unions out forever :P

23meg
January 4th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Maybe us team people should have some unification as well. Let me think..

majikstreet
January 4th, 2006, 11:41 PM
o_O

matthew
January 4th, 2006, 11:42 PM
You know how the admins have similar avatars?

Well, us people with a normal coloured username need some fun too. Thats why I am unionizing ubuntu users!

My new union will be called "U.B.U.N.T.U."

It stands for:

U buntu
B lue
U sers
N otwithstanding
T oocoolforschool
U nion

We will all have similar avatars and take all the fun away from the admins.That sounds creative and amusing. I chose to copy and make one of my own...instead of the adversarial (or friendly rivalry) route I just joined in on my own.

Its time everyone realised ubuntu forums is not wal*mart. It cant keep unions out forever.Huh? I'm hoping this is a joke and I just missed it. Maybe we needed a smiley here.

xequence
January 5th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Huh? I'm hoping this is a joke and I just missed it. Maybe we needed a smiley here.

If you insist =P

I honestly have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that.

I always considered you included with the admins becaue you have a different coloured username.

That sounds creative and amusing. I chose to copy and make one of my own...instead of the adversarial (or friendly rivalry) route I just joined in on my own.

My idea was sort of to make everyone have avatars like "I support U.B.U.N.T.U" or something of the sorts.

And I just noticed this: Wernt you admin? I thought you were.

bonzodog
January 5th, 2006, 12:12 AM
There is a difference between the team members, forum staff, and admins.
Team members are just that: we take part in different forum teams that concentrate on different areas of ubuntu in the forums.

Team Bahamut, for instance looks after http://doc.gwos.org. our job is to take how-to's form the forums and move them to the doc facility.

Then there are forum staff: they moderate forum posts, and generally keep an eye on things.

Then, theres the Administrators, of which there are only 3. the admins have top level access to the forums and it's software and can make changes to the way the forums are run.

matthew
January 5th, 2006, 12:21 AM
And I just noticed this: Wernt you admin? I thought you were.No. I was asked to participate as a member of one of the teams and was truly honored, but I travel a lot and my participation and presence here can be sporatic...I may post 30 times in one day and then not for a week, or post two or three times a day every day for a month and then not at all for two weeks. Anyway, I would feel bad if the forum leadership honored me with a specific responsibility and I couldn't follow through consistently so I just hang out a lot, have fun, and answer questions when I can.

mstlyevil
January 5th, 2006, 12:28 AM
No. I was asked to participate as a member of one of the teams and was truly honored, but I travel a lot and my participation and presence here can be sporatic...I may post 30 times in one day and then not for a week, or post two or three times a day every day for a month and then not at all for two weeks. Anyway, I would feel bad if the forum leadership honored me with a specific responsibility and I couldn't follow through consistently so I just hang out a lot, have fun, and answer questions when I can.

And make your own cool avitars. You forgot that one Matt.;)

kassetra
January 5th, 2006, 12:40 AM
No. I was asked to participate as a member of one of the teams and was truly honored, but I travel a lot and my participation and presence here can be sporatic...I may post 30 times in one day and then not for a week, or post two or three times a day every day for a month and then not at all for two weeks. Anyway, I would feel bad if the forum leadership honored me with a specific responsibility and I couldn't follow through consistently so I just hang out a lot, have fun, and answer questions when I can.

You do know that sporadic participation is an acceptable amount of participation, don't you?

You don't have to be *consistantly* involved - which is why we *keep* asking you. :)

Lovechild
January 5th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Have you by any stretch been drinking?

matthew
January 5th, 2006, 01:12 AM
And make your own cool avitars. You forgot that one Matt.Thanks. We should make you a PowerPuff Ozzy.

You do know that sporadic participation is an acceptable amount of participation, don't you?

You don't have to be *consistantly* involved - which is why we *keep* asking you. :)My wife is going to have a baby in the next week or so (watch for an announcement). If you ask me again in 3 or 4 weeks I might just say, "Yes." :)

kassetra
January 5th, 2006, 01:53 AM
My wife is going to have a baby in the next week or so (watch for an announcement). If you ask me again in 3 or 4 weeks I might just say, "Yes." :)

*sets the calendar.*

jdong
January 5th, 2006, 02:06 AM
I am issuing a cease and desist order to anyone involved in this uprising. Violators will be permanently banned from the forums.

(Just kidding, you guys didn't REALLY think I was that evil, right? .......right?)

xequence
January 5th, 2006, 02:41 AM

Thats what I thought too. Then I realised I dont drink.

I am issuing a cease and desist order to anyone involved in this uprising. Violators will be permanently banned from the forums.

(Just kidding, you guys didn't REALLY think I was that evil, right? .......right?)

We'd never think you'd be that mean =P

briancurtin
January 5th, 2006, 03:04 AM
yeah i was going to say, something like this cant come out of a sober persons mind unless nonsense is considered normal

xequence
January 5th, 2006, 03:08 AM
yeah i was going to say, something like this cant come out of a sober persons mind unless nonsense is considered normal

Im probably the only 14 year old who doesent get wasted every friday night.

byen
January 5th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Imagine this. It was 5pm when i last logged into this forum and i drowsed off to a nap. I wake up and i see

I am unionizing ubuntu users!
Its time everyone realised ubuntu forums is not wal*mart. It cant keep unions out forever :P

That woke me up a little and then I see

and then i go

Man until i reached to the kidding part...my mind went from 0tph (thoughts/hour) (my usual state) to god knows how high... Im awake now...Lol..can i join too..if there is such a Union ;-)

well.. I need to start thinking abt this too....

EDIT>>>
Ok.. now the mind is setting in. THis does sound a lil crazy. Sure you didnt drowse-away to a nap like i did?

vayu
January 5th, 2006, 03:27 AM
My wife is going to have a baby in the next week or so (watch for an announcement). If you ask me again in 3 or 4 weeks I might just say, "Yes." :)

If you feel sporadic now, just wait till your baby comes. I got a rush had to be updated immediately project yesterday evening. I finished at 2:30 am, just started to make my way to bed when my two year old woke up in a screaming tantrum that lasted till after 4, finally made it to bed then my five year old woke up at 6:30.

kleeman
January 5th, 2006, 03:39 AM
Ahh the good old days! I remember when my 22 year old screamed solid for her first four months!

briancurtin
January 5th, 2006, 04:24 AM
good man then

mstlyevil
January 5th, 2006, 04:35 AM

When I was 14 I never got wasted on Friday night either.

P.S. I got wasted M-F at lunch hour before typing class instead. I still can't figure out why I never got past more that three legible words per minute. :rolleyes:

matthew
January 5th, 2006, 04:36 AM
If you feel sporadic now, just wait till your baby comes.I experienced it with our first two kids. The good/bad news is that every kid is different so we have a 50-50 chance of having an easy time or ... I'm hopeful, but not unrealistic. I'll sleep next year. :)

mstlyevil
January 5th, 2006, 04:38 AM
I experienced it with our first two kids. The good/bad news is that every kid is different so we have a 50-50 chance of having an easy time or ... I'm hopeful, but not unrealistic. I'll sleep next year. :)

I avoided the whole sleepless night issue by not having kids and getting a dog instead.

xequence
January 5th, 2006, 08:36 PM
P.S. I got wasted M-F at lunch hour before typing class instead. I still can't figure out why I never got past more that three legible words per minute. :rolleyes:

Isnt that a wonderful idea? XP

FLeiXiuS
January 5th, 2006, 09:12 PM
The reasons our avatars are closely simular. Is well, we've been kassified!

She's completely take ahold of our avatar positions and there's nothing we can do to prevent it! ;-)

<3 kass!

And no she won't make you an avatar! Well fine, only for some really and I mean, REALLY good coffee!

http://fleixius.com/files/pictures/kassified.png

xequence
January 5th, 2006, 09:25 PM
And no she won't make you an avatar!

And no I dont really want her to make me one. If so id PM her, and not make this thread about making my own avatar revolution.

FLeiXiuS
January 8th, 2006, 01:30 PM
And no I dont really want her to make me one. If so id PM her, and not make this thread about making my own avatar revolution.

And you do know I was joking about that...

Man, people are so hard to oversee their wits.

xequence
January 8th, 2006, 05:43 PM
And you do know I was joking about that...

Man, people are so hard to oversee their wits.

I didnt know you were joking =P I often dont realise things are jokes. Its just the way the internet is, you cant see the person, so you have to use alot of smilies to convey emotion.