PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Various issues with compiz and no taskbar

kuxpac383
April 15th, 2009, 02:37 AM
I'm running Xubuntu 8.10 and after turning on my computer after coming back from a short vacation, I noticed that my top taskbar is no longer visible. Usually I have to restart compiz with the compiz fusion icon which is located on the taskbar. However, since there is no taskbar I can't restart compiz and now I lack boarders around my windows (meaning I don't have a close, minimize, expand window boarder). This has never happened before. How do I regain the taskbar at the top? Also anyone know of a way to restart compiz without having access to the compiz fusion icon?
Thanks,

kuxpac383
April 15th, 2009, 03:01 AM
nevermind, i solved this myself.

Jimmynemo2
April 15th, 2009, 08:10 AM
We'd love to hear how you did it, so future folks with the same issue can have something to try?

Thanks, and glad you got it fixed in just a few hours there. Sorry we couldn't be of more help.

jedistorm
April 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know how to reactive the panels in Xubuntu running Xfce. After a reboot they will not reopen and the panel control will not respond either.

Thanks to all in advance

Jakey_TheSnake
April 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Try:
xfwm4 --replace in a terminal. If that works, it will probably stop after you close the terminal. Add it to your startup options in System > Administration/Preferences > Sessions.

That's where they are for a gnome-desktop anyway.

^ that is assuming you meant the part at the top of the window, with the close/open buttons.