PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Sli

Grifulkin
April 15th, 2009, 12:38 AM
So I have a question about Hybrid Sli. Now I'm looking into buying myself a new mobo and graphics card and I was reading about Hybrid Sli, is there any hope that this would come to Ubuntu, it only works on Windows Vista now I guess. Because if it is possible it would be another reason for me to fully switch over to Ubuntu before I even come near installing Vista.

Mokoma
April 15th, 2009, 12:46 AM
So I have a question about Hybrid Sli. Now I'm looking into buying myself a new mobo and graphics card and I was reading about Hybrid Sli, is there any hope that this would come to Ubuntu, it only works on Windows Vista now I guess. Because if it is possible it would be another reason for me to fully switch over to Ubuntu before I even come near installing Vista.

it dosent

but to be honest if you want sli, go for the full thing. a pair of 6800gt/ultra would be more than enough for linux gaming

Grifulkin
April 15th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Thank you for letting me know.

TheSlipstream
April 15th, 2009, 02:01 AM
it dosent

but to be honest if you want sli, go for the full thing. a pair of 6800gt/ultra would be more than enough for linux gaming

Two 6800gt ultra are inferior to one 9600GT, and consume more power.

Mokoma
April 15th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Two 6800gt ultra are inferior to one 9600GT, and consume more power.

yeah but i was making a point. theres little point owing over a 7300gt for linux. its not exactly like where gonna be playing crysis....

and he wanted sli....

theres no point getting something like 8800ultra sli for linux >.>

Grifulkin
April 15th, 2009, 08:20 PM
yeah but i was making a point. theres little point owing over a 7300gt for linux. its not exactly like where gonna be playing crysis....

and he wanted sli....

theres no point getting something like 8800ultra sli for linux >.>

Well actually I wanted to be able to sli on linux and perhaps run those kinds of games on it be in Cedaga or Wine without the need of dual booting but if that is the case I will just dual boot vista and ubuntu just to play games on Vista with hybrid sli because I'm not shelling out the money for more than one graphics card and a mobo with 2 x16 2.0 slots. Oddly enough I was looking at buying an 9600gt with a gig of gddr3 that was the only reason I was asking. But thank you for telling me that hybrid sli doesn't work on linux.