PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] sync kontact in different computers?

hutxubix
April 14th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Hello,

I always use two computers, one at home and the other one at home. Could someone tell me if there is a simple way to sync kontact between the two computers, both running kubuntu 8.10?

Note: I have read in kontact's web page about the possibility of using OpenSync for this purpose, but I am not able to figure out how exactly

Thanks in advance

inobe
April 14th, 2009, 11:06 PM
akonadi is what you probably need, it comes with kde4.2 upgrade packed with mysql.......

http://pim.kde.org/

inobe
April 14th, 2009, 11:34 PM
actually i take that back, just did some research and found it's not up to par yet.

i am sure others here may have an alternative method.

hutxubix
April 15th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks inobe,

I will take a look anyway.

Any other ideas please?

hutxubix
April 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I have been looking around and have found that there is a possibility of doing this using an IMAP mail server (IMAP resource), as the one I use. However, I have not been able to get it to work. Any suggestions?

bertmanphx
April 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM
hutxubix,
I've found that I can accomplish this by:

Add IMAP as a resource into akonadi
add Kolab as a resource into akonadi
goto Kontact, enable Groupware
goto addressbook and add it as an Imap resource on Kmail

Now, I have contacts and calendar saved on my email server. Problem is though, I cannot see these items from the webmail portion, so I have to use Kontact to view or use them.

Does this help? I know this is an old thread, but it's something I had been trying to do for a long time.

bertmanphx

hutxubix
April 9th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Hey! Thank you, I will try!

As I had not been able to do it, I was syncronithing with dropbox (soft linking the proper conf folders)

Thanks again