PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mounting Drives/Nautilus Settings/Panel Configs

Ticketoride
April 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I created a 2nd. Linux Partition just to keep my own Files on, such as Images, Music etc.

I appears to be a Partition that needs to be re-mounted every Time Ubuntu is re-booted just like any other other NTFS or FAT32 Partition. I copied a Folder with Images from a Windows Non-OS Partition into this 2nd. Linux ext4 Partition and when I click on it, it tells me I don't have the Permission necessary to view the Contents.

WTF is this all about?

Drives do not need to be mounted in Windows, they are just there. What needs to be done in Ubuntu so they Auto-Mount, without any further need to be mounted or requested for Permissions of one sort or the Other.

I don't give a Sh*t about Linus Securities, I just want this incessant BS out of my Face once and for all.

Also, the Nautilus Explorer does not keep my requested "List View" Settings. Every Time I go to another Directory or the Program is restarted it defaults back to "Icon View, which truncates long Filenames from view. How do I globally lock in the "List View"?

Where in the Configuration Editor are the Settings which adjust the Panel "Hide" & "Unhide" speeds?

In the Panel "Panel Properties" I can opt to show "Hide Buttons". How can I make them transparent like the Panel itself so they won't show up in the "System Default" color. If that isn't possible, how can I get of them removed & completely out of View and still keep the "non-expanded" Panel Setting?