PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] DUN connection HELP

dany5000
April 14th, 2009, 04:20 PM
:mad: Hi all you out there who use ubuntu,ive got this os for a while now but i cant manage to make an bluetooth dun connection via ubuntu i even instal the apllication called blueman,i plug in my usb bluetooth adapter or dongle as some ppl call it,open bluetooth manager,search for my bluetooth device and add it (bond) with no problem,now i right click on my bluetooth device in the bluetooth manager windows that is open and click on serial ports>dailup service and it says connecting and then succes so ITS CONNECTED AND MY PHONE ESTABLISHED AN GPRS CONNECTION,nowww when i open my web browser i cant open any websites cuz im not connected to the internet,i realy dont know what i must do now:mad:

dany5000
April 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
ive even try to create an connection in terminal sudo pppconfig ect ect put my device as rfcomm1 whos my cellphone dun channel and when i type sudo pon (my connection name) it connects and my phone creates an gprs connection but i still cant open any webpages. i was up all night trying do figure this out :evil::evil: i just wanna use my gprs connection via bluetooth to browse the web and chat it seems to be an pian with ubuntu with windows it was realy easy.

dany5000
April 14th, 2009, 04:29 PM
ive try this with ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04 my phone is nokia 5000 ive got 2 bluetooth adapters a nexxt solution and a belkin. my laptop is an acer travelmate 2480.

dany5000
April 14th, 2009, 04:52 PM
can any one help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee