PDA

View Full Version : International warranty for notebooks? advice needed...

Stefanie
April 14th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I am planning on buying new notebook when I'm in the US next summer. After a few months I'll go back to Europe so I want an international warranty to make sure my notebook can be repaired anywhere.

Do you have any experience with this? Any brands to avoid? Is paying for extended warranty worth the extra cost?

Pasdar
April 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I advice you to buy a laptop well-known for its good service world-wide. I have an ASUS laptop and it has a 2 year standard warranty (you don't pay for it). If something is wrong with my laptop they basically come and pick it up and a I get a replacement laptop while I'm waiting for mine to get fixed.

If you want to buy a different brand, make sure they have offices/dealers in your country/city.

kpkeerthi
April 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Make sure the model you are planning to buy is also available in Europe.

I bought a Dell laptop while in the US (with international warranty). Unfortunately, I could not get it serviced in India, where I live. The support folks told me that since the model is not sold in India, it can't be serviced.

billgoldberg
April 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM
If the same model is available in your country, you should be able to get it serviced.

Maybe contact some vendors and ask them about it to be safe.

binbash
April 14th, 2009, 05:13 PM
If the same model is available in your country, you should be able to get it serviced.

Maybe contact some vendors and ask them about it to be safe.

No you dont need it.

If you have a HP/Asus etc service in there , it does not matter what model you have , they will do their job.