PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Evolution mail client

Ericyzfr1
April 14th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I have read a few posts about discussions regarding email clients, I understand that Thunderbird came highly rated, I used it in the past myself.
I also used Kmail when I was using Mandriva 2008 /KDE. Since I made the switch to Ubuntu, I decided to go with Evolution since it was already provided with Gnome and had more features than I really need and so far performed as expected. I also like the back-up setting feature, I think it is very convenient. So I was just wondering why Evolution is usually so poorly rated during email client discussions.

Thanks.

leonardo_neo
April 14th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I have read a few posts about discussions regarding email clients, I understand that Thunderbird came highly rated, I used it in the past myself.
I also used Kmail when I was using Mandriva 2008 /KDE. Since I made the switch to Ubuntu, I decided to go with Evolution since it was already provided with Gnome and had more features than I really need and so far performed as expected. I also like the back-up setting feature, I think it is very convenient. So I was just wondering why Evolution is usually so poorly rated during email client discussions.

Thanks.

I have been using Evolution for more that one and a half year, and it works almost perfect.

Email, calendar, address, tasks all work good.

Few things which I would like to be improved in Evolution are that, it doesn't short list the address book, when I type the name in search box. Then when I click calendar, the left side panel enlarges in width, and doesn't become normal until evolution is restarted.

Apart from these minor issues, evolution is very nice, and I don't see why it should be underrated?

dino99
April 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM
i'm using Evolution on Intrepid and he work fine.
So, on an other partition i test jaunty (not the same hdd on that pc).
When i try to use Evolution on that new partition, it's a nightmare: can't import all the emails stored on intrepid account or xp (another disk), folders and sub-folders of the intrepid account are not imported !!!

My opinion: very bad, very buggy:mad:

Swagman
April 14th, 2009, 05:49 PM
My deleted items folder wont empty in Evolution.

Still using it though.