PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to Fax stuff with out a modem?

swoll1980
April 14th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Like some kind of fax modem emulator. I have broadband phone service through vonage I just need a way to fax stuff w/o a modem.

cariboo
April 14th, 2009, 04:26 AM
I quick search of google finds several email fax services. Of course you have to pay for the service.

Jim

schauerlich
April 14th, 2009, 04:27 AM
A hand mirror, the sun, and patience.

swoll1980
April 14th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I quick search of google finds several email fax services. Of course you have to pay for the service.

Jim

Yeah I tried google. No need to be condescending. I don't want that. was wondering if there was an actual program, or something.

lisati
April 14th, 2009, 04:35 AM
The only options I know of are to get someone else to send the fax on your behalf, or get a suitable modem. Either way, there's a good chance you'll have to spend some money.

Therion
April 14th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Maybe Hylafax?

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Main_Page

Edit: NVM... Still requires a modem.

Is scanning and emailing not an option?

swoll1980
April 14th, 2009, 04:44 AM
The only options I know of are to get someone else to send the fax on your behalf, or get a suitable modem. Either way, there's a good chance you'll have to spend some money.

The funny part about it is that I have a modem with linux drivers I just can't get it to work to save my life. It even has a nice .deb driver installer, but no go.

swoll1980
April 14th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Maybe Hylafax?

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Main_Page

Edit: NVM... Still requires a modem.

Is scanning and emailing not an option?

Most of the time I can get away with it. I dumped my xp partition, and installed it on a vm, so I'm 100% Ubuntu now. I thought if I could find away around my modem I wouldn't have to spend the rest of my life trying to figure it out.

lisati
April 14th, 2009, 04:48 AM
The funny part about it is that I have a modem with linux drivers I just can't get it to work to save my life. It even has a nice .deb driver installer, but no go.

:)

<aside>I have a Linux version of Star Office sitting round somewhere. Couldn't get it to work, the installer (a .bin file) kept on bombing :( Never mind. Its close cousin Open Office will have to do. </aside>

swoll1980
April 14th, 2009, 04:51 AM
:)

<aside>I have a Linux version of Star Office sitting round somewhere. Couldn't get it to work, the installer (a .bin file) kept on bombing :( Never mind. Its close cousin Open Office will have to do. </aside>

My Linux philosophy: If you can't beat it, find away around it.