PDA

View Full Version : Sony: Do They Know When To Quit?

DariusTriplet
January 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM
After the rootkit issue a few months ago, one would think that Sony would decide to "go straight" for a while in an effort to absolve their actions with the public.

Instead, they partake in further outside-the-law shenanigans, circumventing billboard permits via graffiti ads. (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/01/03/graffiti_like_ads_drawing_protests_in_philadelphia/)

Common sense states that the -last- thing to do after having a huge PR hit would be trying to draw another one. Apparently, Sony operates outside of common sense - and, for that matter, the law.

I understand that corporations exist for their own profit, but flagrantly breaking laws crosses from "profitable operations" to "questionable ethics."

Lord Illidan
January 4th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Shameful. I can stomach banner ads, with some difficulty, but graffiti ads are even worse, especially when they are a form of vandalism. Sony's ethics are going down the drain fast. Not even M$ would do it, nor Apple.

xequence
January 4th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Like ive been saying all along, sony is not to be trusted in any way shape or form.

somuchfortheafter
January 4th, 2006, 10:28 PM
i admit the ads are stupid but the people were paid to host the ads to be fair. also sony does make the psp and well even after the firmware upgrades which lock out hackers its a damn fine game console with better wifi capabilities than the ds.

prizrak
January 4th, 2006, 11:50 PM
sony is real weird, their playstation division is awesome so is the one that makes headphones but the rest sux ass.

purdy hate machine
January 5th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I agree. Every piece of Sony hardware I have brought has been of excellent quality, I still have several of their old Mini-Disc players which I use for home recording.

Derek Djons
January 5th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I think this wasn't a decision made by Sony's overall strategy departement. Sony has many teams working all on there own.
But it's indeed a bad move. There are many other ways to spray grafitti legal. And it's even a very bad move to do it in a city which doesn't tolerates grafitti.