PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Notification Area Problem

revcp
April 13th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Just started having this problem out of nowhere in ubuntu 8.10. When my mobile phone is not connected I have an inactive SynCE Tray Icon sitting in the notification area. When I connect it all the icons in the Notification Area begin to shift and flicker and the SynCE Tray Icon seems to disappear, although I know it's functioning because the "bubble" that comes up for several seconds informs me that the connection is operational. When I disconnect the phone all is as before. I have removed the Notification Area and added it again up top, removed it and added it to the bottom panel as well. Exact same issue. I've rebooted as well. Any ideas?
I also noticed that the laptop (thinkpad t43) was heating up a lot during this time, much more than usual.

Steve

leonardo_neo
April 14th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Is the notifications area is 'locked' on panel? Right click and check........

revcp
April 14th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Is the notifications area is 'locked' on panel? Right click and check........

Thanks, but locked or unlocked it responds in the same way, with the jumping and flickering of icons.

zimingw
April 15th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hi, I have exact same problem happen since this morning!!! Hope someone can post a solution here???

REGARDS

revcp
April 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Hi, I have exact same problem happen since this morning!!! Hope someone can post a solution here???

REGARDS

I posted to another forum and recieved a response that fixed the issue:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=7172450