PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4 - 4od... (UK)

speedwell68
April 13th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I heard the news today that it now has Mac support. I have just tried it and it appears to work in Linux now too.

Mokoma
April 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I heard the news today that it now has Mac support. I have just tried it and it appears to work in Linux now too.

seriously O,o

speedwell68
April 14th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Yep, works a treat. TBH, it is much to seems to be much better quality than the BBC's iPlayer. The thing that annoys me ever so slightly is that they are not publicising the fact it works on a Linux based machine.

manicman
April 14th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I shall have to try this when I get home from work but this is great news

speedwell68
April 14th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I shall have to try this when I get home from work but this is great news

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/catch-up

kamitsukai
April 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM
OMG!!! I can actually watch the whole of Shameless series 6 without resorting to slow and poorly seeded torrents! YAY:lolflag::guitar:

gn2
April 14th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Superb news!
Thanks for sharing. :)

I tried it with the Vista installation that came on my laptop and it didn't work on that, now I'll be able to use it for the first time.

EDIT: Just tried it in 8.04 64-bit with Adobe Flash 10 64-bit and it works perfectly.

Mokoma
April 14th, 2009, 11:57 PM
ohhhhhh. you mean catchup, not the 4od service. ok that makes more sense. and yeah it does work.

t0p
April 15th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Grrreat!! BBC iPlayer and Channel 4 catch-up now work with linux, plus there's that "caught-up" add-on for firefox that makes ITV player work too! But it is annoying that (1) channel 4 are keeping this secret; and (2) ITV don't add linux compatibility to the site properly, and also are doing their best to keep the "caught-up" add-on secret (they made firefox remove "caught-up" from the official add-on page, you gotta track it down for yourself - hint, do a google search for it, but with "site:ubuntuforums.org" in search field, you'll find a thread on it on this site - sorry, I haven't got the link)

EDIT: Here's (http://chris.orr.me.uk/caughtup/) the link for the ITV "Caught-up" add-on for firefox.

Mokoma
April 15th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Grrreat!! BBC iPlayer and Channel 4 catch-up now work with linux, plus there's that "caught-up" add-on for firefox that makes ITV player work too! But it is annoying that (1) channel 4 are keeping this secret; and (2) ITV don't add linux compatibility to the site properly, and also are doing their best to keep the "caught-up" add-on secret (they made firefox remove "caught-up" from the official add-on page, you gotta track it down for yourself - hint, do a google search for it, but with "site:ubuntuforums.org" in search field, you'll find a thread on it on this site - sorry, I haven't got the link)

www.tvcatchup.com - is also fully linux compatible :popcorn:

SlickRick
April 19th, 2009, 07:32 PM
OMG, why was I not informed?
This is great. The quality is even better than iPlayer and here I was all set to buy a tuner card.
But seriously, this should've been bigger news.

mick222
April 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Great news pity ITV relies on silverlight

beercz
April 19th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Hmmm - doesn't work for me - BBC iplayer works fine though.