PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Keyboard shortcuts doesnt work anymore

Lomz
April 13th, 2009, 08:59 AM
After an upgrade to 9.04 the keyboard shortcuts doesnt work anymore, it also looks like there has been some changes to the keyboard-settings-feature, anyone who knows how to help me?

Lomz
April 14th, 2009, 11:35 AM
bump

ltcmdata
April 24th, 2009, 08:22 AM
same problem here.
in the shortcuts the alt key was changed to meta.after correcting this the shortcuts worked for a while, but after a reboot stopped functioning entirely.

ltcmdata
April 24th, 2009, 08:27 AM
ok got it.only needed to run xfce4-settings-helper :lolflag:

ftmichael
April 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I'm having the same problem with Ubuntu (not Xubuntu). gconf-editor says my keybinding settings are still as they were, but since upgrading to Jaunty they just plain don't work. Pressing the correct key combo yields no output.

If xfce4-settings-helper is the magic fix in Xfce, what's the magic fix in Gnome?

mtnwalker2b
April 24th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I'm having the same problem with Ubuntu (not Xubuntu). gconf-editor says my keybinding settings are still as they were, but since upgrading to Jaunty they just plain don't work. Pressing the correct key combo yields no output.

If xfce4-settings-helper is the magic fix in Xfce, what's the magic fix in Gnome?

Same problem here- is any information available?

vivinc
April 26th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Hi,
i had the same problem and then I just installed ccsm (sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager) and then enabled the first plugin (than it should be named "Commands" or something like that).

Hope this will help you.

Bye!

noiq
April 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
For me the solution was to remove all multiple occurrences of definitions (same "value" value) in $HOME/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml, which were not set by myself. Now my shortcuts work fine again.