PDA

View Full Version : Just had a strange/funny thought

Yownanymous
April 13th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Windows has been really bugging me the last while, when I found XP PowerToys (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)(no, it's really not as sexual as the name might suggest). Among this is a virtual desktop manager! Yes, four destkops, in WINDOWS!.

So then I decided this:
"No matter what your operating system, whether it's Vista, XP, BSD, Fedora or Ubuntu, you just can't beat Windows for annoying you to the point of madness then doing something absolutely delightful for you."

8)

Eisenwinter
April 13th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Wow... 4 desktops in Windows, oh my god, that is absolutely amazing....

Giant Speck
April 13th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Damn, PowerToys has been around since 2002?

Is there a Vista version of this PowerToys program?

Yownanymous
April 13th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Damn, PowerToys has been around since 2002?

Is there a Vista version of this PowerToys program?

Most of the features are already integrated into Vista, regrettably I'm not sure about the virtual desktops.

CraigPaleo
April 13th, 2009, 08:25 AM
So then I decided this:
"No matter what your operating system, whether it's Vista, XP, BSD, Fedora or Ubuntu, you just can't beat Windows for annoying you to the point of madness then doing something absolutely delightful for you."

8)

XP? Delightful? You have been driven mad! :lolflag: They didn't make it nor do they support it.

Yownanymous
April 13th, 2009, 08:26 AM
XP? Delightful? You have been driven mad! :lolflag: They didn't make it nor do they support it.

Refer to my signature. ;)

CraigPaleo
April 13th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Refer to my signature. ;)

I saw that and deduced that you are indeed a madman. We still love you though! Got any scotch?

Seriously, I'm an insomniac and feel as though I'm going crazy myself. It's nearly 4 A.M. here. Maybe I'll go for a jog, take a hot bath and hope I get to bed before I drown. Something's going to have to pry me away from these forums. No, I'm not unable to sleep because of these forums, I'm here because I can't sleep. Ahhh!!! Thanks for listening! I feel much better already!

Please post more of your strange and funny thoughts!

cariboo
April 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
FYI Power toys have been around since Windows 95.

Jim

CraigPaleo
April 13th, 2009, 09:22 AM
FYI Power toys have been around since Windows 95.

Jim

I believe it! I looked it up and it seems that PowerToys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_PowerToys) was in fact written by MS. Their own website makes it sound like a third-party app though, similar to Flip4Mac.

Craig

3rdalbum
April 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Wow, virtual desktops! I wonder what other 1980s Unix innovations they'll implement next?

CraigPaleo
April 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Wow, virtual desktops! I wonder what other 1980s Unix innovations they'll implement next?

:biggrin:

WatchingThePain
April 13th, 2009, 11:37 AM
When I was using Ahem windows..tweakvi used to mainly wreck the registry.