PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] intreppid~hello, i a dual boot that doesnt, =/ need help!

KEE
April 12th, 2009, 10:24 PM
i got that "missing hal.dll" then i made it to missing "ntoskrnt.exe". then to "load needed dlls for kernel" I cant access that side of the drive anymore because I missed with the mbr to bring it back to windows. this wont work because I cant get it to recognised that there is a windows side. grub is broken in the os menu when winxp is selected it loops back to linux. also, now the windows side non-existent and I cant access it at all. so my 80 gig is only 30 gig and I have a new windows on another drive and it recognised linux dual boot but only as drive that it wants to format =S i think its the side where the old windows used to be but im not sure. ok i just want delete the windows side make it a blank drive if possible =) any help is appreciated please and thank you =)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7057142#post7057142
also could the staff please delete the follow thread^^^ =) I created it to a bigger problem and that thread is broken =p

KEE
April 13th, 2009, 12:28 AM
ok, whew =p format worked xD it didnt format linux good!! ok, now can someone tell me if I can just move all the new winxp from one disk to another? then i can be back to dual boot on one drive =D i think it would work but i also think it change the hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe back to load needed dlls for kernel . has anyone moved xp to one drive to another and had it boot-able? please help