PDA

View Full Version : Good AT&T 3g phones?

TheOrangePeanut
April 12th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I'm looking for a feature-rich phone compatible with AT&T network, a 3g phone with a qwerty keyboard. Some things I'd like but aren't super necessary: wifi, a real browser, apps, programmable... those kinds of things. I've been looking at Blackberry's but only because those are the only phones I've heard of that aren't Iphones (which I don't want.) I was looking at the HTC Touch Pro also, but it is Verizon, and the Android phones are cool but I haven't found one that is AT&T.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Giant Speck
April 12th, 2009, 10:02 PM
With AT&T, your best bet will be with an iPhone or a Blackberry. A Blackjack II is pretty good, too, if don't mind using Windows Mobile 6.1

I currently own an iPhone. Too bad there's no 3G in Anchorage......... yet.

TheOrangePeanut
April 12th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I don't want an Iphone because it doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. My roommate has an iphone, and it has some great features, but texting on a touch pad sucks. I've been looking at the recently released Samsung Impression... it's a touchpad but it slides into a full keyboard too. I'll go to the att store when I get back to town and check it out I think.

Giant Speck
April 12th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I don't want an Iphone because it doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. My roommate has an iphone, and it has some great features, but texting on a touch pad sucks. I've been looking at the recently released Samsung Impression... it's a touchpad but it slides into a full keyboard too. I'll go to the att store when I get back to town and check it out I think.

Well, I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you to buy an iPhone. If you really don't want one, that's your choice.

What I do want to say, though, is that while the QWERTY touchscreen keyboard on the iPhone looks daunting and difficult to use, it's pretty easy to use. Well... unless you're a thumb-texter. Typing with your thumbs doesn't work very well on an iPhone. :p

Perhaps that'll change with the OS upgrade this summer that'll give all apps the ability to use the landscape-orientated keyboard.