PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Getting Motorola H555 bluetooth headset to work with Skype

mangurt
April 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Greetings all,
I feel like I am smashing my head again the wall trying to get my bluetooth headset working with skype.

Here's what I did. I downloaded and install blueman, connected my computer to the headset. According to blueman, my headset is connected.

I fired up skype, and went to option, selected headset for everything, went to test, and it worked!

Now I try to do the same damn thing, and nothing.

Any ideas?

llamabr
April 12th, 2009, 03:08 PM
So it worked, you did nothing, tried it again, and it didn't work? Strange.

In my experience with skype, you just have to mess with the options until you get one that's right. Go to options (ctrl-o), choose sound devices, and then mess with the settings.

I have all of mine set to pulse. but I know that on my laptop, that doesn't work, and have other settings.

Good luck.

mangurt
April 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I know it's the strangest thing....looking at my headset, I get the message (via blinking light) that there is no activity to the headset. I don't know if this is the problem or not. When the headset is connected to my phone, I get a different flashing light (blue instead of red).
Any ideas on how to get this working?
Thanks

llamabr
April 12th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I don't know anything about bluetooth, or headsets (your initial post said it was already working).

But you can test whether it is by trying it in another app, like the voice recorder, in Applications> Sound and Video > Sound recorder