PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HP Vista 64 arch dual boot

StephenOK
April 12th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Hi,

Having a problem dual-booting with this HP. When I go to the shrink disc option and set it, I don't get a 50/50 partition.
I have a 500 G.B. Western Digital installed.
Unfortunately, I can't use g-parted, because the vendor didn't include the operation discs. It has adobe CS4 fully integrated, so I don't want to lose that, as I only have one user license.
Details on how to do a 50/50 split of the C drive would be appreciated.

Best,

Steve

StephenOK
April 12th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Just bumping this

PGHammer
April 13th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Hi,

Having a problem dual-booting with this HP. When I go to the shrink disc option and set it, I don't get a 50/50 partition.
I have a 500 G.B. Western Digital installed.
Unfortunately, I can't use g-parted, because the vendor didn't include the operation discs. It has adobe CS4 fully integrated, so I don't want to lose that, as I only have one user license.

Best,

Steve

It is situations like this that Wubi (the official Ubuntu-within-Windows installer) was *designed* for.

For the uninitiated, *yes*, it works with 64-bit Windows *and* 64-bit versions of *buntu (I have a triple going with 64-bit Vista Ultimate, 64-bit Kubuntu 8.10 (which I will upgrade to 9.04 in a week or less) and 64-bit Windows 7 7077 (I installed Kubuntu from within Vista, and all three appear on the boot menu), and it's no harder than installing a Windows application (in fact, it's easier than installing some applications).

Sef
April 13th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Just bumping this

Please wait 24 hours before bumping your thread. Thank you.

Since you have Vista, you need to use its partitioner to partition the hard drive. Be sure to defrag first two or three times.

StephenOK
April 13th, 2009, 03:45 AM
This is the first time I've ever heard of Wubi. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the information.

StephenOK
April 13th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Please wait 24 hours before bumping your thread. Thank you.

Since you have Vista, you need to use its partitioner to partition the hard drive. Be sure to defrag first two or three times.

Are you referring to Shrink in disk management?

Thanks for any and all information.