PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Internet, Hard Drive and beryl installation help (n00b) T_T

illusionarc
April 12th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Well hello everybody this is my first time here and first time using ubuntu, so hope anybody who is willing to help me i will be very grateful because is my first time and im quite confused using this software, so here the story and problems:

My PC had a problem with the hard disk and decided to replace it, and he told me if i wanted to try out a new operating sistem and i said ok, me depending on windows since i was a little whippersnapper, well, since i didn't know what the hell to do (and he told me, so he used a dual boot, one being windows 7, that i got a secundary hard drive, and all the files that are not sistem related like music, pictures, games, etc, where put there, and just recently my brother uptaded to "ubuntu ultimate 2.1" and to then install beryl (yeah i think is pretty neat), but... there where problems.

First off, the wireless network is being detected by ubuntu, but doesn't conect anyway, so i use internet with a cable from the adapter.
the second was that the files in the local disk drive that is E: in windows is recognized, but doesn't show files, i changed the local disk configuration on NTFC, but still no work.

And the beryl thing is and extra so i think i will have to look for a installation guide later, but if someone could give it to me it would be a problem.

So here are my problems hope someone can help this noob.

Thanks.

To who adresses

PS: Does having the dual boot have anything to do, please respond