PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can not install Ubuntu

drdave69
April 12th, 2009, 04:50 AM
I have tried several times, with no success, to install Ubuntu to dual boot with my windows xp installation. I have downloaded the iso many times & burned it (slow & fast), but when I verify the cd integrity before installing it says there are 28 errors. Then freezes during installation. (as expected)
I have had some success with installing using Wubi. But I am under the understanding that installing using this method has limitations and some security issues.
I am in love with the Ubuntu interface and would really like to experiment with it some more to see if it is a viable option to replace xp with.
I have attached my system specs, per pcpitstop.com, to show what I am working with, in hopes that someone can tell me which version or method of installation is right for my computer.
I want to keep my xp installation, and dual boot Ubuntu.
As you can see I have many drives, and space available to put the Ubuntu installation on.
I am open to any option for installation, but will require step by step instructions, as I am a nube to linux and Ubuntu.
Thank you in advance for any and all help / suggestions,
Dave

overdrank
April 12th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Please do not create multiple threads on the same issue. Duplicate here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7056646#post7056646)
Thread closed